We are looking to answer several questions for ourselves such as:
- Will we miss red meat and chicken?
- CAN we do without meat? We have been trained from birth to be carnivores.
- Can we get enough daily nutrition to satisfy the bodies needs.
- Will we be going hungry? Can a non red meat diet be filling?
- Can we learn how to balance health with taste?
- Are we being green in our food choices, and if not how can we do so.
Among other sources we have read, we are also reading books by vegetarian Chefs such as Tal Brosnan and his book "The Conscious Cook"., and magazines such as Clean Eating, Eating Well, and Vegetarian Times.
Mario Batali, if you are reading this, YOU ARE STILL THE MAN! even if we are vegging out for a while!